If I Could Be In Any Horror Movie, What Would It Be?

Horror is my favorite movie genre. More specifically the gorey, slasher movies, where you feel like throwing up, but you just want to keep watching. I don’t know where my love for these types of movies developed, but ever since I watched Andrés Muschietti’s IT I just couldn’t get enough. 

After that, I watched more movies than I think I’ve ever had before. Films like Carrie, Scream, The Conjuring, Fear Street. Or psychological, science fiction movies like, Level 16, or Bird Box. Each of these movies are different, and each of these movies are my favorites. 

But If I could choose one horror movie to be in? I would choose Scream

Pictured above is Casey Becker (image on the bottom) and Tara Carpenter (image on top). Casey was played by Drew Barrymore, and was the first death in the entire franchise. Tara Carpenter is played by Jenna Ortega, and is one of the series’ final girls. Images found: here

From 1996 to present day, Scream takes place in fictional Woodsboro, cities in California, and New York. Originally, the story was about a high school student, Sidney Prescott. One night, Casey Becker gets a phone call from an unnamed voice, they have casual conversation, but it takes a turn. The man on the phone, Ghostface, quizzes her on horror movies, but when she gets the answer wrong, he breaks into her home and kills her and her boyfriend. 

Sidney is the next to be attacked, but she makes it out and up until the fifth movie, she was the main character. Throughout the franchise, she and another character Gale, find the killer, and try to make it out alive. 

Pictured above is the infamous Ghostface, ready to claim his next victim. Image found: here. 

Scream is my favorite horror movie franchise. It’s compelling, haunting, and quite addicting. The kills, and the substance of the movie aren’t what make watching them fun, but getting to act three, and finding out who the killers are, is. To me, Stu Macher was the best killer, but Scream V is my favorite out of all of them. Not only are the characters new and the storyline chilling, but its special effects are elevated meaning the deaths are even sadder, and even more gruesome. 

Another final girl, and Tara Carpenter’s sister, Sam after killing Ghostface in Scream V. Image found: here

Why would I want to be in Scream though? Well, the characters are my favorites. The fact that their personalities, in a horror film, are so light and funny is wild. The thrill that people get from watching a movie like Scream, from behind a screen, just goes to show how exhilarating it would be to live that. 

Though living through an ongoing murderous rampage throughout your hometown sounds traumatic, there has to be some sort of thrill to hunt, and be hunted. The real question is, if you could be in any horror movie, what would it be?

2 thoughts on “If I Could Be In Any Horror Movie, What Would It Be?

1. Hi Harper!! I really like your article, although I could never sit through a horror movie myself. If I were in one, I think I’d probably be the first to die. :,)